Junior Prom 2017
May 13, 2017
8:00 PM - 11:00 PM
DHHS Dining and Assembly Hall
To Parents/Guardians and Students:
Many exciting events occur during the spring months. One of the most exciting events is the Junior Prom for the Class of 2018. A great deal of time, planning, and commitment have gone into making this gala occasion in the Daniel Hand High School Dining and Assembly Hall a safe and fun-filled event. Please read this letter carefully and support the outstanding efforts of the Junior Class and their advisors. Tickets will be sold during lunch waves in the Library Media Center on May 10th and 12th and in the Dining and Assembly Hall on May 11th. No tickets will be sold after the final lunch wave on May 12th.
The safety and welfare of all participants attending the Junior Prom are of utmost importance. As a result, the following specific rules and guidelines will be strictly enforced:
- Any non-DHHS guests must furnish their name and a parent/guardian telephone number and email address by the end of the final lunch wave on Friday, May 12th.
- All participants must arrive at the prom by 8:20 p.m. (Beginning time is 8:00 p.m.).
- All student parking will be in the lot adjacent to the Dining and Assembly Hall-not in the upper student lot. Students should enter through the tiger door.
- Drop off and pick up will also take place at the tiger door.
- Anyone arriving under the influence or in possession of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to attend the prom. Parents/guardians and the police will be contacted and the school policy on drug and alcohol use and/or possession will be enforced (Please refer to the Code of Conduct for additional information.) The breath alcohol tester will be considered for use in the event that there is reasonable suspicion that a student has consumed anything containing alcohol. Use of the breath alcohol tester will follow guidelines as stated in Board of Education Policy #5090.7.
- If a student leaves the prom for any reason, he/she will not be permitted to return.
- Parents/Guardians will be called if students leave the prom prior to 10:00 p.m.
- The prom ends promptly at 11 :00 p.m. There is not a sanctioned after prom party sponsored by Daniel Hand High School.
Making this a positive and memorable event is only possible when we have the Daniel Hand High School community of parents/guardians, students, and faculty working together in a positive and supportive manner. I thank you in advance for your support and cooperation.
Anthony R. Salutari, Jr.
Prom Do's and Don'ts for Parents/Guardians
(Developed by parents/guardians/students/administrators)
DO contact the parents/guardians of your son’s or daughter’s date to review the plans for the evening.
DO establish reasonable curfews. Nowhere is it written that prom goers (especially underclassmen) must stay out all night.
DO invite prom goers to your home before and after the prom.
DO make yourself available by phone that evening.
DO discourage the use of limousines. A responsible driver is a much better alternative. If you decide to hire a limousine, please be sure that the livery company is legally licensed in Connecticut.
DON'T allow drinking/drug use of any kind at any time!
DON'T rent hotel rooms for prom parties.
DON'T hesitate to call the school or fellow parents/guardians with questions or concerns.