Madison Public Schools Kindergarten Registration for the 2017-18 School Year
Central Office Hammonasset Room
Madison Town Campus
10 Campus Drive
Monday, March 27, 2017
3 PM - 7 PM
Tuesday, March 28, 2017
9 AM - 12 PM and 12:30 PM - 3 PM
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Registration for students entering Kindergarten for 2017-2018 will be held at the Central Office, Madison Town Campus, 10 Campus Drive:
Monday, March 27, 2017 3 PM - 7 PM
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9 AM - 12 PM and 12:30 PM - 3 PM
If you are unable to attend the scheduled registration, registrations must be done through Sara Caraszi at Central Office, 10 Campus Drive (203) 245-6307.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
- Students eligible to enter kindergarten in August 2017 must reach their fifth birthday by December 31, 2017. It is not necessary for the children to be present at registration.
- Birth certificates (a copy is sufficient) must be presented at the time of registration as well as proof of residency (3 different utility bills or parent's driver's license are sufficient if the address matches the child's residence)
- Kindergarten physicals performed 12 months prior to entry into Kindergarten, are acceptable, provided they are completed on the appropriate State of Connecticut Health Assessment Record HAR-3 .This form is not required at time of registration but must be submitted to the school nurse at least one month before school begins.
- Immunizations required for entry to Kindergarten must be reviewed by the school nurse before a student can be cleared for entry.
- Please inform the nurse of food allergies, diabetes, asthma, or any health concern that may have an impact on your child's safety.
- Students entering from outside of the U.S. are required to have a physical exam by a provider licensed to practice in the United States. Include TB risk assessment and testing if at risk as part of this exam.
- If it is necessary for your child to take medication (prescription or over the counter) during school hours, an authorization form can be obtained from the Health Office.
PLEASE NOTE: Parents electing not to register their age-eligible child will be asked to sign a waiver to that effect.
Welcome to Kindergarten!
You and your child have reached an important milestone, the beginning of their formal school career. We know this will be an exciting time and we would like to do everything possible to help you with this transition. It is our hope that the information provided here will begin to answer some of your questions.
The kindergarten program supports the belief that children learn best through active participation in a variety of developmentally appropriate activities. It is essential that these experiences be provided in a safe environment staffed by adults sensitive and responsive to the needs of each child. As educators, we value the close ties between the child and the family and encourage a strong reciprocal relationship between home and school.
It is our strong belief that parental participation in education promotes academic success. Your involvement in the school and PTO can enrich your child's education. We encourage and support any level of participation that is appropriate for you and your family.
The Kindergarten staff is looking forward with great enthusiasm to your child's arrival. We want to assure you that we will do everything possible to help your child experience academic, social and emotional growth.
A parent's evening about the Kindergarten program will be held on Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 6:30 PM in each of the elementary schools.
|Kathryn Hart||Doreen O'Leary||Kelly Spooner|
|Jeffrey Elementary School||Island Avenue Elementary||Ryerson Elementary|
Please bring enrollment forms, a copy of your child's birth certificate, proof of residency, and immunization records.
Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Island Avenue
- Jeffery Elementary
- Ryerson Elementary