DANIEL HAND HIGH SCHOOL
286 Green Hill Road
Madison, CT 06443
|Daniel Hand High School
|Daily Time Schedule
||Warning Bell at 7:20
||The first 3 minutes of the period are reserved for announcements
||3B lunch 10:11-10:42 (31)
||4A lunch 10:46-11:17 (31) 4B lunch 11:17-11:48 (31)
||5A lunch 11:52-12:23 (31) 5B lunch 12:23-12:54 (31)
|Holiday & Inclement Weather - Early Dismissals - 11:30 a.m.
|Delayed Opening - 9:25 a.m.
DHHS Exam Schedule - December 5, 6 & 7, 2016
2016-2017 Program of Studies
DHHS Newsletter - Fall 2016
DHHS Newsletter - August 2016
DHHS Newsletter - Spring 2016
Our primary purpose is to graduate successful life-long learners who are responsible citizens in the global community. Daniel Hand High School students, in collaboration with educators, parents, and the Madison community, will develop as motivated, self-reliant, creative, and ethical individuals who respect differences in others.
Core Values and Beliefs Statement:
The Daniel Hand High School community believes that the mission of our school is to support all students by providing them with challenging educational opportunities which will prepare them to be globally aware citizens of the 21st century. To succeed in this mission, we recognize that our students must demonstrate competence in oral and written communication; understand effective and responsible use of technology; and develop critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity. In addition, it is critical that our students respect and contribute to the diverse, multicultural community and international community in which they live.
We are committed to the following:
- All students meet or exceed high performance standards in rigorous core and related arts programs.
- All students will have access to appropriate programs and services.
- All students will be provided opportunities to learn in a safe and secure school facility.
- All students will respond to success and failure with reflection and resiliency.
- School facilities and instructional resources will support 21st century learning and enhance educational experiences for all students.
- All students will be supported in learning environments that foster a climate of respect for all.
- Staff and administration will create and encourage student participation in activities that foster students' wellness and physical health.
- All students will benefit from support services delivered in a student-centered school that addresses social-emotional development and well-being.
- All students and staff will benefit from collaboration and partnership with civic, business, higher education, and other community groups and resources.
Learning Expectations and Rubrics