The Dr. Robert H Brown School PTO is a non-profit organization whose membership is open to all faculty and parents or legal guardians of students who attend Brown School. Receive all PTO notifications via email with Brown School e-notify. Sign up at www.madison.k12.ct.us. Click on the link for parents, then click on the link for e-notify. Follow the instructions to sign up for Brown.
More information made be found at our PTO website: brownptomadison.org.
To contact the PTO: contact@BrownPTOMadison
The objective of the Brown PTO shall be to create a closer relationship between home and school, to enhance the learning environment, to provide and maintain an open network of communications between the school and community, and to foster parent/guardian involvement in the educational process. Brown PTO accomplishes this goal by encouraging parent involvement in the school, enhancing student life through donations to cultural arts that augment educational experiences, and cultivating community spirit within the school.
PTO MEMBERSHIP DONATIONS
PTO Membership dues (suggested) are $30 per student or $40 per family. (Add link to PayPal)
The Brown School PTO Executive Board decided over the past few years to forego major fundraising campaigns in favor of slightly higher parent contributions. We would like to continue this tradition, but can only do so with your support. PTO membership donations are an essential funding source for PTO initiatives.
Every year the PTO makes valuable contributions to the school in the following areas:
•Cultural Arts ($3200)
•Grade Level Field Trips ($3000)
•6th Grade Celebration and T-shirts ($1600)
•5th Grade Poetry Contest ($200)
•Staff Appreciation: Teachers, Paras, Custodians, Bus Drivers ($1800)
|2018-19 PTO Executive Board|
Co-President Sarah Drought
Co-President Jan Scott
Co-Vice President Lisa Lee
Co-Vice President Tina Phelan
Secretary JoAnne Wood
Treasurer Megan Reh
2018-19 PTO Meeting Dates
To be announced
- Brown PTO relies heavily on parent volunteers and needs involvement from all its families. Volunteers are the backbone of the PTO. Whether it is for one hour a week or one hour a year, your talents and ideas are much needed and appreciated. Please take a moment to consider one of our many volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteer Form
- Your child can show their Brown spirit by wearing a Brown t-shirt, pajama pants or sweatshirts.
- We will be selling spirit wear at the 5th Grade Orientation and at both Open House nights.
- You can pre-order your spirit wear by completing and returning the order form to the Brown Main Office.
- Visit the PTO website: brownptomadison.org
- Receive all PTO notifications via email with Brown School e-notify. Sign up here.
Follow the instructions to sign up for Brown.
- If you need paper copies of PTO notifications, please contact us at contact@BrownPTOMadison so we can get these to you.
- Come share your ideas, ask questions and get answers at our General PTO Meetings. (Dates to be announced in upcoming e-notify and on website.)