The Dr. Robert H Brown School PTO is a non-profit organization whose membership is open to all faculty and parents or legal guardians of students who attend Brown School. Receive all PTO notifications via email with Brown School e-notify. Sign up at www.madison.k12.ct.us. Click on the link for parents, then click on the link for e-notify. Follow the instructions to sign up for Brown.
To contact the PTO: MadBrownPTO@gmail.com
The objective of the Brown PTO shall be to create a closer relationship between home and school, to enhance the learning environment, to provide and maintain an open network of communications between the school and community, and to foster parent/guardian involvement in the educational process. Brown PTO accomplishes this goal by encouraging parent involvement in the school, enhancing student life through donations to cultural arts that augment educational experiences, and cultivating community spirit within the school.
PTO MEMBERSHIP DONATIONS
PTO Membership dues (suggested) are $35 per family. PTO Donation
The Brown School PTO Executive Board decided over the past few years to forego major fundraising campaigns in favor of slightly higher parent contributions. We would like to continue this tradition, but can only do so with your support. PTO membership donations are an essential funding source for PTO initiatives.
Every year the PTO makes valuable contributions to the school in the following areas:
•Grade Level Field Trips
•End of Year Celebrations
•5th Grade Poetry Contest
•Staff Appreciation: Teachers, Paras, Custodians, Bus Drivers
|2020-21 PTO Executive Board|
Co-President Tina Phelan
Co-President Bee Gordon
Vice President Amy Paradiso
Treasurer JoAnne Wood
Box Tops are little coupons found on everyday items such as Ziploc bags, Betty Crocker frosting, Pillsbury rolls, and General Mills cereal (full list of products). Those little coupons turn into dollars to help purchase books, materials, and equipment for our school!
Box Tops Collection Tips:
· Check Expiration Dates — Keep an eye on the date in the lower right corner. Be sure that when cutting out Box Tops the date is visible.
· Get Others Involved — Increase your collection by asking grandparents, relatives, friends, and co-workers to clip and collect Box Tops for Brown!
· Submit Often — Box Tops for Education will send Brown PTO a check twice a year. Collect year-round and make sure to turn in what you have by the semi-annual deadlines to ensure we collect as many as possible during those periods. An email will be sent out when the collection period is ending.
To learn more, visit boxtops4education.com — and thanks for choosing to make a difference for our school with Box Tops!
This is a simple and automatic way for you to support your Brown PTO every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases to the Brown PTO.
How to sign up:
It's easy: click this link (https://smile.amazon.com/ch/06-1444807) to add Brown Intermediate School PTO and shop.
Stop & Shop A+ School Rewards
Provide Brown an opportunity to earn cash by using your Stop & Shop card when you shop.
How to sign up:
· Step 1: Log on to stopandshop.com/school-rewards/.Select customer registration to register online using your Stop & Shop card. Register for Brown PTO by using the code 06156 .
· Step 2: Shop! After you register your card, each shopping trip at Stop & Shop using your Stop & Shop card earns CASH for our school.
Don’t forget to ask your family members who shop at Stop & Shop and Amazon.com to register on behalf of Brown as well! Every purchase counts.
- Brown PTO relies heavily on parent volunteers and needs involvement from all its families. Volunteers are the backbone of the PTO. Whether it is for one hour a week or one hour a year, your talents and ideas are much needed and appreciated. Please take a moment to consider one of our many volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteer Sign Up
- Your child can show their Brown spirit by wearing a Brown t-shirt, pajama pants or sweatshirts.
- We will be selling spirit wear at both Open House nights.
- You can pre-order your spirit wear by completing and returning the order form to the Brown Main Office.