Working Papers

Working Certificate of Age/Working Papers (Connecticut General Statutes Sections 10-193, 10-194 and 31-23)

Connecticut General Statutes requires Superintendents of Schools and/or their Designated Agent for Working Papers to issue Certificate of Age/Working Papers (Form ED-301) to minors who have received a promise of employment from a prospective employer. The purpose of the ED-301 is to ensure that individuals under the age of 18 have proper documentation of their age and are employed in occupations that are permitted under the law.

Working papers are issued during the hours of 7:30 am - 3:00 pm.

Mrs. Hahn and Mrs. Greco, in the School Counseling Office, are designated Agents for issuing Certificate of Age/Working Papers.
In order to issue a Certificate of Age/Working Papers the applicant must provide the following documents:

  • PROMISE OF EMPLOYMENT – must be on letterhead, list position; contain job description, hours and rate of pay. It must be signed and dated.
  • PROOF OF AGE - For those that are not currently enrolled at DHHS, an original birth certificate, driver’s license, permit, or passport will be required.

Students may pick-up the completed ED-301 (Working Paper) from our counseling office but additionally the document can be emailed, faxed or mailed, to the student's residence.

If you have any questions, please call our counseling office: 203.245.6360.