Working Certificate of Age/Working Papers (Connecticut General Statutes Sections 10-193, 10-194 and 31-23)
Connecticut General Statutes requires Superintendents of Schools and/or their Designated Agent for Working Papers to issue Certificate of Age/Working Papers (Form ED-301) to minors who have received a promise of employment from a prospective employer. The purpose of the ED-301 is to ensure that individuals under the age of 18 have proper documentation of their age and are employed in occupations that are permitted under the law.
Mrs. Hahn in the Guidance and School Counseling Office are designated Agents for issuing Certificate of Age/Working Papers. In order to issue a Certificate of Age/Working Papers the applicant must appear in person and bring the following documents:
- Promise of Employment – must be on letterhead, list position; contain job description, hours and rate of pay. It must be signed and dated.
- Proof of age - For those that are not currently enrolled at DHHS, an original birth certificate, driver’s license, permit, or passport will be required.
Working papers are issued during the hours of 7:30 am - 3:30 pm.
PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW DURING THE COVID19 SCHOOL CLOSURE:
- Students may fax (203.245.6356) or email (email@example.com) the Promise of Employment letter review.
- As picking up the document is not an option, the completed ED-301 (Working Paper) will be emailed, faxed or US mailed to the home of the student.
- If you are not enrolled in DHHS, you must include a copy of your birth certificate or drivers license as proof of your age.
- If you have any questions, please call: 203.245.6360.