Studies show the more connected parents are to their teenagers' lives, the less isolated the kids feel and the more successful they become as adults. A great way for you to be informed and involved in your child`s high school experience is by attending the month DHHS PTO meetings. Meetings are generally held the first Tuesday of the month at 8:00 a.m. (school calendar permitting).
Given the success of our meetings last year, we will continue to hold our DHHS PTO meetings by Zoom. The meeting agenda and Zoom link will be sent out by eNotify on the Sunday night preceding the meeting. We also hope that this format continues to offers some flexibility to those parents who were previously unable to attend our meetings in person. We will also continue to record the meetings and post them on our portion of the DHHS website so that parents who are unable to attend can watch at their convenience.
These meetings are a wonderful opportunity for an open forum discussion regarding curriculum, school clubs and activities, and navigating through your child`s high school years. Most meetings feature a guest speaker from one of the DHHS departments or groups and we hope to continue with this format for the coming year. As always, suggestions for speakers and topics are most welcome. Please email the PTO directly or Mr. Salutari with suggestions.
Please support the DHHS PTO by becoming a member today. Your $25.00 membership donation (a tax-deductible contribution) supports the purchase of school equipment and core program enhancements. The PTO has also supported the fall and spring blood drives, the annual Staff Appreciation Lunch, art show receptions, the College and Career Fairs, and special event programming such as professional speakers or school-wide assemblies in the past and we hope to continue this support in the future.
DHHS PTO offers several opportunities for you to stay involved in your student's high school experience!
► Become a member of the DHHS PTO with a $25 tax deductible donation (per family)
- Donations are used to purchase school equipment, core program enhancements, and several school events such as the fall and spring blood drives, the annual Staff Appreciation Lunch, art show receptions, the College and Career Fairs, and special event programming such as professional speakers or school-wide assemblies
- Several ways to contribute:
- Cash (include a note with student name and your email)
- Check (made payable to DHHS PTO with student name and your email in notes section)
- Venmo @DanielHand-PTO (include your email in the notes section and select “between friends” rather than service to avoid a fee to the PTO)
► Attend monthly PTO meetings via zoom
- A link for the meeting will be sent out via e-notify the Sunday evening before the meeting
- The meeting will be recorded and posted on DHHS PTO webpage
- Meetings are held at 8:00 a.m. on the following dates:
Tuesday, October 4, 2022 Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Tuesday, November 1, 2022 Tuesday, March 7, 2023
Tuesday, December 6, 2022 Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Tuesday, January 3, 2023 Tuesday, May 2, 2023
► Volunteer to help at the PTO sponsored student blood drives
- SignUpGenius will be sent for volunteers to sign up
- Blood drives are scheduled on December 20 and March 28
► Donate items for events held at the school (teacher appreciation meals and snacks for the blood drives)
- SignUpGenius will be sent out prior to event
► Questions and Suggestions
- Email us a DanielHandPTO@gmail.com
► Visit our Facebook Page @DHHSPTOMadCT to stay current on events
► Add Daniel Hand High School PTO as your charity on Amazon Smile
Working to increase communication between home and school: Planning programs to achieve positive changes in our school and the community
DHHS PTO Board
President: Jan Scott
Vice President: Caroline Heshema
Vice President: Elaine Cappiello
Secretary: Nicole Wiles
Treasurer: Tracy Hardy
FORMS & DOCUMENTS
Keep in Touch!
Enroll in Stop ‘n Shop’s A+ School Rewards Program Today!
Log on to www.stopandshop.com/aplus to register online or call 1-877-275-2758 to register your card over the phone.
After (re)registering your card, each shopping trip at Stop & Shop using your Stop & Shop Card earns CASH for our school! The amount of CASH awarded is updated monthly on the Stop & Shop website. Track the amount of points you earn for our school by checking your grocery receipt and online when you create an account at www.stopandshop.com. Our school will receive a check at the end of the program. The money can be used for any of our school’s educational needs! Encourage your friends and relatives to do the same.
Thank you for your continued support!