Class Officer Applications
In order to accommodate all students (remote and in-person), the following due dates have been designated:
Application Signature Page deadline: Tuesday, 5/11/21 by 2:30 p.m.- FIRM!
- Full remote students - Please contact Mrs. Minniti at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will send you a fully electronic version of the Signature Page.
Essay submission deadline: Monday, 5/17/21 by 11:59:59 p.m.- FIRM!
- All applicants' essays must be submitted by 5/17/21 regardless of your present learning model.
Serving as a class officer is a demanding and time consuming position. You must be responsible, supportive, and willing and able to spend time outside of school preparing for class events and activities. Within your grade, there are eight positions available for class officer. If you meet the criteria below, you may apply. Once administration has approved your application, you are an official candidate.
All candidates must meet the following criteria to run for an elected position:
- Students shall exhibit exemplary behavior and citizenship.
- Students must have an overall "C" average. (2.0 on Honor Roll Scale)
- Students must not have excessive unexcused absences.
- Students must obtain the recommendations and signatures of five current teachers.
- Students who are running for a second, third, or fourth term must obtain a recommendation and signature of one class advisor to verify that they are currently an active class officer.
- Students must complete an essay stating in 150 words or fewer why they would like to hold a position as Class Officer. The essay must be submitted using the link on the Daniel Hand High School website. Please put your name and graduation year at the top of your essay.
- Both the completed signature page and the essay must be submitted by the deadline dates and times below. Students who miss the deadlines are ineligible.
Students whose applications were not approved will be notified by administration on Thursday, May 13, 2021.
Your completed Class Officer Essay must be submitted online by 11:59:59 p.m. on Monday, May 17, 2021.
This is a firm deadline so please plan accordingly.
Candidate essays will be available to read on May 20, 2021.
Elections will take place via Google Form. Voting will be open between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on May 24, 2021.
Class Officers for the 2021-2022 school year will be announced.