Class Officer Applications
Serving as a class officer at Daniel Hand High School is a demanding and time-consuming position. Class officers must be responsible and supportive members of our school community, who are willing and able to spend time outside of school preparing for class events and activities.
If you meet the criteria outlined below, you are invited to apply to one of the eight positions available in your grade level. Once administration has reviewed and approved your application, you will be an official candidate and may proceed with submitting your essay for voting consideration.
All candidates must meet the following criteria to run for an elected position:
- Students shall exhibit exemplary behavior and citizenship.
- Students must have an overall "C" average. (2.0 on Honor Roll Scale)
- Students must not have excessive unexcused absences.
- Students must obtain the recommendations and signatures of five teachers from this school year.
- Students who are running for a second, third, or fourth term must obtain a recommendation and signature of one class advisor to verify that they are currently an active class officer.
- Students must complete an essay stating in 150 words or fewer why they would like to hold a position as Class Officer. Please put your name and graduation year at the top of your essay.
- The essay must be submitted using the link listed below.
- Both the completed signature page and the essay must be submitted prior to the deadlines outlined below to be eligible for consideration.
Your completed Class Officer Signature Page must be submitted to Mrs. Heller in the Main Office by Wednesday, May 11, 2022 prior to 3:30 p.m.
Students whose applications were not approved will be notified by administration by Friday, May 13, 2022.
Your completed Class Officer Essay must be uploaded by Tuesday, May 17, 2022 by 11:59 p.m. Note: the only formats that may be uploaded are word or pdf, please keep essays to 150 words or less.
Elections will be held during school on Friday, May 27, 2022. Voting will be announced when to proceed.
Class Officers for the 2022-2023 school year will be announced.