Class Officer Applications
In order to accommodate all students (remote and in-person), the following due dates have been designated for each Cohort:
Cohort B - Application Signature Page deadline: Thursday, 9/24/20 BY 2:30 p.m.- FIRM!
Cohort A - Application Signature Page deadline: Tuesday, 9/29/20 BY 2:30 p.m.- FIRM!
Cohorts A & B - Essay submission deadline: Wednesday, 10/7/20 BY 11:59:59 p.m.- FIRM!
Serving as a class officer is a demanding and time consuming position. You must be responsible, supportive, and willing and able to spend time outside of school preparing for class events and activities. Within your grade, there are eight positions available for class officer. If you meet the criteria below, you may apply. Once administration has approved your application, you are an official candidate.
All candidates must meet the following criteria to run for an elected position:
- Students shall exhibit exemplary behavior and citizenship.
- Students must have an overall "C" average. (2.0 on Honor Roll Scale)
- Students must not have excessive unexcused absences.
- Students must obtain the recommendations and signatures of five current teachers.
- Students who are running for a second, third, or fourth term must obtain a recommendation and signature of one class advisor to verify that they are currently an active class officer.
- Students must complete an essay stating in 150 words or fewer why they would like to hold a position as Class Officer. The essay must be submitted using the link on the Daniel Hand High School website. Please put your name and graduation year at the top of your essay.
- Both the completed signature page and the essay must be submitted by the deadline dates and times below. Students who miss the deadlines are ineligible.
The completed Class Officer Application Signature Page must be submitted by 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 24, 2020. This is a firm deadline, please plan accordingly.
The completed Class Officer Application Signature Page must be submitted by 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 29, 2020. This is a firm deadline so please plan accordingly.
Students whose applications were not approved will be notified by administration by Wednesday, September 30th.
Your completed Class Officer Essay must be submitted online by 11:59:59 p.m. on Wednesday, October 7, 2020.
This is a firm deadline so please plan accordingly.
Click below to read the essays.
Elections will take place via Google Form. Voting will be open between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on October 15, 2020
Class Officers for the 2020-2021 school year will be announced.