OFFICE OF THE PRINCIPAL - DANIEL HAND HIGH SCHOOL - MEMORANDUM
To: Daniel Hand High School Students and Parents/Guardians
From: Mr. Salutari, Mr. Bodner, and Mrs. Schneider
Subject: Behavioral Expectations for Homecoming
Date: October 2017
The Student Council has worked to ensure that Homecoming 2017 on November 4th will be a special event to be enjoyed by all those in attendance. This will be a well-planned event with beautiful decorations and popular music.
Our goal is to ensure that we have an environment at our dance that will be wholesome and safe for all in attendance. This memo is meant to clarify and remind students and parents/guardians of some important school regulations regarding Homecoming. The regulations are highlighted below:
- School rules and regulations apply at all school events. Consequences for violating school rules in any activity related to the Homecoming Dance will be strictly enforced.
- For safety and security reasons no backpacks or overnight bags will be permitted.
- Due to the great popularity of this event and the maximum capacity of our Dining and Assembly Hall, established by the Town Fire Marshall, attendance at Homecoming is limited to only current Daniel Hand High School students. No guests from other schools are permitted. Only those people who purchase tickets in advance may attend. No ticket swaps are allowed.
- Tickets will cost $20.00 and will be sold on a first-come first-served basis until all tickets are sold. Tickets will not be sold on the day of the dance.
Tickets will be sold in the Library Media Center on the following dates:
- Friday, October 27th
- Monday, October 30th
- Tuesday, October 31st
- Wednesday, November 1st
- Thursday, November 2nd
- Friday, November 3rd
- All proceeds from the Homecoming dance will be donated to the Hole-in-the-Wall Camp located in Ashford, CT.
- Violation of the substance abuse policy will result in our contacting the Madison Police Department and the offender's parents/guardians. Additionally, consequences will be as defined in the Code of Conduct and will include referrals to the Student Support Team (SST) and the Student Assistance Counselor. Suspension from other school-sponsored events will also be considered.
- The Student Council has established this as a semiformal dance. Please demonstrate your support of their hard work to provide this event for the student body by respecting these dress guidelines.
- The hours of the dance are 8:00 to 11:00 p.m. No one will be admitted after 8:30 p.m. Once a student leaves the dance, they will not be permitted to return. Parents/guardians will be contacted for any students who choose to leave the dance prior to 9:30 p.m.
- Students who are driving are required to park in the back west parking lot and will enter the building through the rear west entrance.
- Students being driven to Homecoming should be dropped off under the bridge and should enter the West Building under the bridge.
- All students should be picked up after the dance in the back parking lot.
- Moshing or other dancing that could cause intentional harm or is considered inappropriate will not be permitted.
- We look forward to a safe night that will be remembered in the most positive way. Please do your part to assure that everyone enjoys Homecoming 2017.