Junior Prom 2019
Class of 2020
Friday, April 26, 2019
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
There Is No School Sanctioned After Prom Party
To Parents/Guardians and Students:
Many exciting events occur during the spring months. One of the most exciting events is the Junior Prom for the Class of 2020. A great deal of time, planning, and commitment have gone into making this gala occasion at Woodwinds in Branford, CT a safe and fun-filled event. Please read this letter carefully and support the outstanding efforts of the Junior Class and their advisors. Tickets will be sold during lunch waves in the Library Media Center on April 8th through April 12th. Cash and checks made out to "DHHS" accepted. No tickets will be sold after the final lunch wave on Friday, April12.
The safety and welfare of all participants attending the Junior Prom are of utmost importance. Parents/Guardians and students should be aware that this event is chaperoned by DHHS faculty, staff, school security, administration, and a Branford police officer. The following specific rules and guidelines will be strictly enforced:
- Any non-DHHS guests should have furnished their name, home address, a parent/guardian telephone number, and email address prior to the close of school on Friday, April 5th.
- The prom begins at 6:00 p.m. with dinner served at 7:15 p.m. All participants are expected to arrive at the prom by 7:00 p.m. No one will be admitted after 7:00 p.m.
- Anyone arriving under the influence or in possession of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to attend the prom. Parents/guardians and the police will be contacted and the school policy on drug and alcohol use and/or possession will be enforced (Please refer to the Code of Conduct for additional information.) The breath alcohol tester will be considered for use in the event that there is reasonable suspicion that a student has consumed anything containing alcohol. Use of the breath alcohol tester will follow guidelines as stated in Board of Education Policy #5090.7.
- If a student leaves the prom for any reason, he/she will not be permitted to return.
- Parents/Guardians will be called if students leave the prom prior to 9:00 p.m.
- The prom ends promptly at 10:00 p.m. There is not a sanctioned after prom party sponsored by Daniel Hand High School.
Making this a positive and memorable event is only possible when we have the Daniel Hand High School community of parents/guardians, students, and faculty working together in a positive and supportive manner. I thank you in advance for your support and cooperation.
Anthony R. Salutari, Jr.
Prom Do's and Don'ts for Parents/Guardians
(Developed by parents/guardians/students/administrators)
DO contact the parents/guardians of your child's date to review the plans for the evening.
DO establish reasonable curfews. Nowhere is it written that prom goers must stay out all night.
DO invite prom goers to your home before and after the prom.
DO be sure, if using a limousine, that the company is registered by the Connecticut State Department of Transportation.
DO make yourself available by phone that evening.
DON'T allow drinking/drug use of any kind at any time!
DON'T rent hotel rooms for prom parties.
DON'T hesitate to call the school or fellow parents/guardians with questions or concerns.