Junior Prom 2021
Class of 2022
Friday, May 14, 2021
6:00 PM - 10:00 PM
There Is No School Sanctioned After Prom Party
To the Class of 2022 and Parents/Guardians:
Many exciting events occur during the spring months, even during a pandemic. One of the most exciting events is the Junior Prom for the Class of 2022. A great deal of time, planning, and commitment have gone into making this gala occasion at Woodwinds in Branford, CT a safe and fun-filled event. Please read this letter carefully and support the outstanding efforts of the Junior Class and their advisors. Prom tickets are currently on sale through Wednesday, May 5th via the Infinite Campus parent portal. The cost is $70.00 per ticket. Students must purchase their own ticket through their Infinite Campus account. There is a strict state guideline of a maximum of 200 attendees at outdoor gatherings. As a result, tickets are being sold on a first come, first served basis and no tickets will be sold once 200 have been purchased.
The safety and welfare of all participants attending the Junior Prom are of utmost importance. Parents/Guardians and students should be aware that this event is chaperoned by DHHS faculty, staff, school security, administration, and a Branford police officer. The following specific rules and guidelines will be strictly enforced:
- Only members of the Class of 2022 are invited to attend this event.
- Students planning to attend the prom must be in school for at least 4 hours on Friday, May 14, 2021, in order to attend. “In school” applies to in-person or remote learning.
- Students absent from school or those who do not attend for at least 4 hours will not be allowed to attend.
- The prom begins at 6:00 p.m. with dinner served at 7:15 p.m. All participants are expected to arrive at the prom no later than 6:30 p.m. No one will be admitted after 6:30 p.m.
- In order to attend, students have three options based on their individual COVID circumstances. The options include, presenting a negative PCR COVID test from a sample taken within 5 days of the event, providing proof of vaccination, or providing proof of a positive test within 90 days of the event. COVID procedures are derived from CDC guidelines.
- Students who do not present a negative PCR COVID test, proof of vaccination, or proof of positive test results during school hours will need to present this information to an administrator at the event in order to gain access to the prom.
- IMPORTANT: If a student does not submit a negative test, proof of vaccination, or proof of a positive test result within 90 days, they will not be allowed to attend this event.
- If a student or school community member tests positive or is considered a close contact within 10 days of the prom, they will not be allowed to attend the event due to the requirement to quarantine. (Fully vaccinated students would not be required to quarantine if they were asymptomatic.)
- Masks are required and must be worn while attending this event. Masks can only be removed while eating.
- Party busses are not allowed. Students arriving in a party bus will not be allowed to attend the event.
- Anyone arriving under the influence or in possession of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to attend the prom. Parents/guardians and the police will be contacted and the school policy on drug and alcohol use and/or possession will be enforced. Refer to the Code of Conduct for additional information. The breath alcohol tester will be considered for use in the event that there is reasonable suspicion that a student has consumed anything containing alcohol. Use of the breath alcohol tester will follow guidelines as stated in Board of Education Policy #5090.7.
- If a student leaves the prom for any reason, they will not be permitted to return.
- Students may leave the prom at 9:30 p.m.
- Parents/Guardians will be called if students request to leave the prom prior to 9:30 p.m. The prom ends promptly at 10:00 p.m.
- There is not a sanctioned after prom party sponsored by Daniel Hand High School.
- Due to the requirement to pay Woodwinds a week in advance, no refunds will be issued to students after Friday, May 7, 2021, including if a student cannot attend due to quarantine or for other reasons.
Making this a positive and memorable event is only possible when we have the Daniel Hand High School community of parents/guardians, students, faculty, and staff working together in a positive and supportive manner. I thank you in advance for your support and cooperation.
Anthony R. Salutari, Jr.