To the Class of 2023 Parents/Guardians and Students:
We can all sense the excitement that comes with the Junior Prom for the Class of 2023. A great deal of time, planning, and commitment have gone into making this gala occasion at Woodwinds a safe and fun-filled event. Please read this letter carefully and support the outstanding efforts of the Junior Class officers and their advisors.
The safety and welfare of all participants attending the Junior Prom are of utmost importance. Parents/Guardians and students should be aware that this event is chaperoned by DHHS faculty, staff, school security, administration, and a Branford police officer. The following specific rules and guidelines will be strictly enforced:
- DHHS juniors will need to furnish the name, home address, parent/guardian telephone number, and email address, if they are bringing a non-DHHS student to the prom. This information must be submitted to the Class Advisors prior to the close of school on Monday, May 16 2022.
- If a DHHS junior is bringing a student from DHHS as their guest who is not a junior, they will need to furnish their guest's name to the Class Advisors prior to the close of school on Monday, May 16, 2022.
- The Prom will be Friday, May 20, 2022 which is a school day. All students attending prom must be present in school for a minimum of four hours on Friday, May 20, 2022 in order to be eligible to attend this event. (See Attendance Policy in Student Handbook)
- The prom begins at 6:00 p.m. with appetizers and entrée served at 7:15 p.m. All participants are expected to arrive at the prom by 7:00 p.m. No one will be admitted after 7:00 p.m.
- Anyone arriving under the influence or in possession of drugs or alcohol will not be allowed to attend the prom. Parents/guardians and the police will be called and the school policy on drug and alcohol use and/or possession will be enforced (Please refer to the Code of Conduct for additional information). The breath alcohol tester will be considered for use in the event that there is reasonable suspicion that a student has consumed anything containing alcohol. Use of the breath alcohol tester will follow guidelines as stated in Board of Education Policy #5090.7. If suspended, a student will not be allowed to participate in school activities during the duration of the suspension.
- If it is reported that there is any behavior suspected to be related to drug and/or alcohol possession or use by students, all students transported in the same vehicle as those students will also be asked to submit to a breath alcohol test and/or a search of their possessions by the administration. Students who are determined not to have been in violation of the school policy on drug and alcohol possession or use will be allowed to attend the prom. Their parents/guardians will be notified that there has been a problem, and in the event that the driver refuses or is incapable of driving the student(s) home, it will be expected that the parents/guardians will provide such transportation. Any students found to be under the influence or in possession of drugs or alcohol will incur consequences as stated in the Code of Conduct, will not be allowed to attend the prom, and their parents/guardians will be required to pick them up.
- If a student leaves the prom for any reason, he/she will not be permitted to return. Parents/Guardians will be called if students leave the prom prior to 9:30 p.m. The prom ends promptly at 10:00 p.m. There is not a sanctioned after prom party sponsored by Daniel Hand High School.
Prom tickets will be on sale from Monday, May 2nd through Monday, May 16th via the Infinite Campus parent portal. You can find the option to purchase tickets under "Fees" by clicking on the "Optional Payments" dropdown menu. The cost will be $100.00 per ticket. E-checks are encouraged because there is a $0.35 fee for e-check payments versus a 4% fee for credit card transactions. If you need financial assistance, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need support with Infinite Campus, you may contact Sue Evans email@example.com or (203) 245-6350.
Dinner will be buffet style including; hot passed hors d'oeuvres, Caesar salad, garden salad, penne ala vodka, chicken marsala, chicken parmigiana, rice, potato, and vanilla cake with chocolate frosting. Please contact Mrs. McGrady (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mrs. Simmons (email@example.com) if you have any allergies or dietary restrictions, or if you have any questions.
Making this a positive and memorable event is only possible when we have the Daniel Hand High School community of parents/guardians, students, and staff working together in a positive and supportive manner. I thank you in advance for your support and cooperation.