Health Services

The School Health Program provides consultation to school nurses, school nurse leaders, school administrators and the community regarding the health and safety of students. This consultation and technical assistance includes addressing the provisions of health services during the school day and the promotion of health and wellness activities that support student achievement.

Forms & Requirements


Immunization requirements for newly enrolled students, published by the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health.

Religious Exemption Statement



Physical exam needed on yellow CT Early Childhood Health Assessment Record before student may enter school.

Preschool Health Assessment Form


Physical exam needed on blue CT Health Assessment Record before entry to school.

Grade 6

Physical exam durring the 6th grade year (summer before grade 6 through end of school year). Need physical for entry to grade 7.

Grade 10

Physical exam durring the 10th grade year (summer before 10the grade through the end of school year). Need physical for entry to grade 11.


A current Physical form is required every 13 months. The History / Consent form is required for each sport annually.

Definition of School Nursing:*

School nursing, a specialized practice of public health nursing, protects and promotes student health, facilitates normal development, and advances academic success. School nurses, grounded in ethical and evidence-based practice, are the leaders that bridge health care and education, provide care coordination, advocate for quality student-centered care, and collaborate to design systems that allow individuals and communities to develop their full potentials.

*Approved by the NASN Board of Directors June 2016.