The Madison Public Schools has designed and implemented the bus routes based on the Board of Education transportation policy and guidelines. Each route has been assessed and tested in our effort to make our transportation system as safe and efficient as possible. Bus routes will be updated periodically on an as needed basis, please continue to check our web site for these updates.
Questions or Concerns regarding school bus transportation must be emailed to Magda Grayson, General Manager of Durham School Services.
- Detailed bus route information is removed after October 1st.
- For specific bus route questions, please email Magda Grayson at Durham School Services
- Routes are subject to change. Please check this page for updated route information.
- Pickup / dropoff times listed are estimates only. These times are based on full ridership and optimum traveling conditions.
- We are asking students to be at their bus stops ten minutes prior to the scheduled bus arrival time for the first two weeks of school.
- School buses do not leave the schools immediately upon dismissal. Time is needed for the students to board the bus.
- This schedule does not include Alternate Transportation information when transportation is other than every day to and or from the day care address.
- Parents are responsible for selecting their children's walking routes to and from bus stops, the school (as applicable for age groups), and residence.
- Parents are responsible for providing supervision that is appropriate to the student's age, the student's maturity, and traffic conditions at the bus stop.
- Kindergarten students must have a parent wait with them and wait for them at bus stops. Kindergarten students will not be dismissed to an unattended bus stop.
- Parents are considered "partners" in the school district's efforts to monitor safe driving of school buses; therefore, parents should report all incidents of observed school bus speeding, reckless driving, and inappropriate behavior of bus drivers and / or support staff.
- Parents are responsible for making certain that their children arrive at the bus stop "on time" and within the approved timeframe for school bus pick ups for the morning bus routes.
- Parents are responsible for notifying the school district and/or the transportation services provider in writing of the need to remove a student from a bus stop pick up or drop off.