SAT and NGSS
Release of Scores from CT SAT School Day Assessment
April 6, 2018
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Connecticut SAT School Day was cancelled on March 21st due to the inclement weather calling for an early dismissal. The rescheduled administration date is Tuesday, April 24, with a make-up date of April 25, 2018. SAT scores are used by the Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) for school and district accountability purposes. The CSDE adheres to all federal and state data privacy laws and does not release student data to third parties, including colleges or universities.
Parents and students have control over the release of the score to colleges and universities from the April 24 and 25, 2018 Connecticut SAT School Day. If students and parents want an SAT score from the April 24 and 25, 2018, Connecticut SAT School Day exam to be sent to colleges or universities, they must explicitly request a “score send” from College Board.
- For the April 24 and 25, 2018, Connecticut SAT School Day exam, students will receive four free “score sends.” Students will be given the opportunity to enter their four free score sends on their answer sheet prior to or on test day.
- In order to send additional scores on top of what was elected on the answer sheet, students must already have or create a College Board account at collegeboard.org/mysat and then select each college or university they want to receive scores.
- Requests for “score sends” over the four free “score sends,” or requests submitted after the April 24 and 25, 2018, test day are $12.00 each.
- Score Choice allows students and parents to choose which SAT score (by test date) to send to colleges or universities.
- It is up to students and parents to investigate college or university policies regarding admission procedures related to SAT scores to determine what scores are needed.
Students and parents can completely remove the April 24 and 25, 2018, Connecticut SAT School Day exam score from the student’s College Board record of SAT scores.
- Students and parents must complete a Request to Cancel Score Form, which will be distributed on test day. Please fax your signed request to: 610-290-8978, or send by overnight mail to SAT Program, Score Cancellation, 1425 Lower Ferry Road, Ewing, NJ 08618.
- The deadline to completely remove scores is Friday, April 27, 2018, 11:59 p.m. EST.
- SAT scores from the April 24 and 25, 2018, Connecticut SAT School Day exam will still be used by the CSDE for school and district accountability purposes.
Assistant Superintendent of Schools
At DHHS only Juniors will be taking state mandated tests this spring. Juniors will take the SAT on Wednesday, March 21, 2018. If school is cancelled or delayed on this date, the State has determined April 24-25th to be used as make up dates.
Juniors will also be taking the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Field Test on March 27, 2018 and if necessary March 28th. The Connecticut State Department of Education (CSDE) adopted the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) in November 2015. They are developing statewide NGSS assessments for students in grades 5, 8, and 11. Since this is a field test, students and school districts will not receive results.
For both tests, directions for testing start at the beginning of the school day. As always please encourage your child to get a good night’s sleep and to eat a healthy breakfast. Below you will find links with more information about the tests. These links are also on the DHHS website.