Comments by followers should be clean and appropriate. Followers who consistently disregard this are subject to being banned from Madison Public School (MPS)’s social media sites indefinitely. MPS reserves the right to remove content from MPS social media sites for any reason, including submissions which:
- are obscene, vulgar, or explicit including masked words (***), acronyms and abbreviations
- are abusive, threatening, hateful or intended to defame or intimidate any person, business, organization or governmental agency
- promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, religion, gender, national origin, social caste, sexual orientation, disability or disease
- are clearly off topic, disruptive or unintelligible
- links to third-party sites
- are fraudulent or deceptive and intended to mislead page followers
- are intended to compromise the safety or security of the school system
- promote products, political organizations or campaigns
- infringe on copyrights or trademarks
- advocate illegal activity
- violate any MPS Board of Education policies
MPS’s social media sites are not monitored on an ongoing basis. The comments expressed on MPS’s social media sites do not necessarily reflect the opinions and official position of MPS.
All posts and comments made on MPS social media sites are subject to the Freedom of Information Act or other public records laws as may be applicable.