Welcome to Kindergarten!
You and your child have reached an important milestone, the beginning of their formal school career. We know this will be an exciting time and we would like to do everything possible to help you with this transition. It is our hope that the information provided here will begin to answer some of your questions.
The kindergarten program supports the belief that children learn best through active participation in a variety of developmentally appropriate activities. It is essential that these experiences be provided in a safe environment staffed by adults sensitive and responsive to the needs of each child. As educators, we value the close ties between the child and the family and encourage a strong reciprocal relationship between home and school.
It is our strong belief that parental participation in education promotes academic success. Your involvement in the school and PTO can enrich your child's education. We encourage and support any level of participation that is appropriate for you and your family.
The Kindergarten staff is looking forward with great enthusiasm to your child's arrival. We want to assure you that we will do everything possible to help your child experience academic, social and emotional growth.
Kelly Spooner, Principal
Ryerson Elementary School
Becky Frost, Principal
Jeffrey Elementary School
Kindergarten Registration for the 2021-2022 school year begins March 15, 2021.
If you would like paper forms mailed to you please call Central Office at (203) 245-6300.
- Download the Kindergarten Registration Form.
- If you would like paper forms mailed to you, please call Central Office at (203) 245-6300.
- Save form to your computer.
- Type into the form.
- Print the registration form.
- Return registration form, birth certificate, and proof of residency:
- US Mail: Madison Public Schools - Registration, 10 Campus Drive, Madison, CT 06443
- Locked dropbox in the vestibule at Central Office, 10 Campus Drive. Enter from the door that faces the Police Station.
- Health Forms must be turned in to Central Office by August 1, 2021.