Madison Student Expectations - Distance Learning
Madison Distance Learning is designed to give students an engaging online learning experience that includes clear expectations and outcomes for each week. These expectations will include online and offline learning activities. The work for the week in each content area can be found in Google Classroom in a module overview. Tools in Google Classroom such as instructional videos, live and recorded sessions, online resources and chats on Google Hangout will be used. Not all components of online learning will happen in the first few weeks, but build over time as teacher and student comfort increases.
It is important that students understand their responsibility as learners to engage in their classrooms each day. In addition, they are responsible for the same regulations as listed in their building Code of Conduct. This includes appropriate online behavior within the Learning Platform.
- Create a space and dedicated time for learning
- Break up the day to be their productive best
- Seek help when needed (teachers, guidance, principals)
- Create balance by taking opportunities to work offline and upload tasks
- Sign into the classrooms daily- keep connected
- Use Google Calendar to organize classes
- Demonstrate learning with completion of assignments
- Engage with the classroom and use tools (like headphones) to focus on instructional videos, etc.
- Communicate with your teacher and examine feedback
- Follow the Code of Conduct
- Demonstrate online learning etiquette
- Reach out to your teachers if you are overwhelmed
- Collaborate with peers using respectful language and behaviors
- Use equipment as outlined in the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Wear attire acceptable for school
- Support each other in this new way of learning
- Be patient with yourselves and your teachers- we are all learning together!