Parents' Representative Council
WHO WE ARE
The general purpose of PRC is to advise the Superintendent regarding parental concerns about the schools, to provide a forum for parent liaisons from each school to have a voice in decision making and problem solving and to foster a spirit of cooperative community and parental involvement in the promotion of the Madison Public Schools.
The Parents' Representative Council (PRC) is comprised of two Executive Board members from each of the Madison Public Schools. There is at least one consistent designee from each school who attending all monthly PRC meetings. If such designee is not available he/she is responsible for ensuring the other designated substitute attends. This will ensure adequate representation from each school at every meeting throughout the year.
PRC Meetings are held monthly throughout the school year.
Meeting Dates 2017-2018
PRC Meetings are held in the Town Campus Hammonasset Room, 10:00 - 11:30 AM, on the following dates:
- October 20
- November 17
- December 15 - Cancelled
- January 19
- February 16
- March 16
- April 13
- May 8
- To listen, share ideas and work together in decision making and problem solving to benefit all schools;
- To improve communication tools and enhance the dissemination of information in the school community;
- To coordinate fundraising activities within and across the school community;
- Exchange information through regular meetings, thus promoting common understanding among Parent Teacher Organizations;
- To raise public awareness regarding the education budget process, as well as assist in increasing voter registration and participation at referenda;
- To sponsor periodic parent forums and focus groups on topics of interest, in an effort to provide parents an opportunity in an informal setting to express concerns and suggestions about issues that affect the public schools.