On July 24 our district plan was submitted to the CT State Department of Education. We are pleased to share the Madison Reopening Plan and Madison Reopening Template with you.
Plan details will continue to evolve prior to the start of the school year. The district is continuing to work through a maze of best practices and guidelines to ensure we have a successful and healthy re-entry for staff and students.
- If I am uncomfortable sending my child to school, will there be a distance learning option?
- Will Distance Learning be an option for all students?
- Is it possible for my child to switch from distance learning to in-person learning during the year or vice-versa?
- What are the different reopening models?
- How will the decision be made to move from one reopening model to another?
- Can I choose to homeschool my child?
- Will classrooms be reconfigured to support social distancing practices?
- Will the district attempt to cohort students?
- Will my student have to share classroom materials?
- How will related arts classes be handled?
- Will my child still receive small group instruction?
- My child has an Individualized Education Plan (IEP). What will my student’s support services look like?
- What social emotional supports will be in place for students when they return this fall?
- What will happen if a student becomes ill while in school or a positive case is identified?
- If a student is sent home due to COVID-19 symptoms, what is the process for a return to school?
- How will families be informed if a student or staff member tests positive with COVID-19?
- Who decides if schools need to be closed?
For the 2020 Extended School Year (ESY), all school districts must have a COVID-19 Health & Safety Compliance Liaison. The Madison Public Schools liaisons are:
- Stephanie Lesnik, BSN, RN, Coordinator of Nursing Services
- Frank Henderson, Brown Intermediate School Principal