Welcome to Kindergarten!
We are so excited that you will be joining our classroom learning community! We are looking forward to meeting you and your child and beginning our year together. School is a fun and exciting place to be and we will learn many new things throughout the year!
There are a few things your child will need to bring to school beginning on the very first day. Please send your child with 2 healthy snacks including drinks in a labeled bag (separate from their lunch). Your child will also need a pocket folder labeled with their name to transport school notices and classroom mail. We strongly suggest a kinder-sized backpack to carry all personal belongings between home and school.
Below please find a suggested supply list. In kindergarten, we share supplies within the classroom community so it isn’t necessary to label supplies. Any donations will be gratefully accepted!
- Crayola Standard-sized Crayons (box of 24)
- Crayola Thin Markers (box of 12)
- Crayola Regular Markers (box of 8)
- Colored Pencils (box of 12 or 24)
- 2 Jumbo Twistible Glue Sticks
- 4 Bullet-tip, Low-odor, Dry Erase Markers – black or blue
- 1 box each of gallon and sandwich size Ziploc bags
- 1 box of tissues
Enjoy your summer and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Christine Ackermann and Jen Soja
Mrs. Figurelli & Mrs. Voitans Second Grade school supplies list:
- 1 snap lid pencil box (standard or extra-large size to house all these goodies)
- 1 glue stick
- 1 coated pocket folder for notices for home / student mail
- 2-3 #2 pencils (not mechanical)
- 1 24 pack of crayons (no larger please)
- 1 12 pack colored pencils
- erasers ( pencil top or traditional school erasers )
- 1 pair scissors
- 4 pkgs of 3 X 3 post it notes (lighter colors please)
- 1 highlighter
- A box of tissues
Please note that some supplies will need to be replenished (especially glue sticks, pencils and erasers, and post-its) throughout the year so don’t hesitate to purchase bulk and store away for later.
Hello First grader!
Welcome to Ryerson! We look forward to teaching you!
We hope that you have a safe and fun filled summer. Be sure to visit the library, join in on the summer reading program and read, read, read! Listen to books on tape. Have someone read to you every day. Ask questions! If you go somewhere take pictures, save brochures, maps and talk about the day with your family! What was your favorite part of the day? Observe a butterfly! Build a sandcastle! Learn how to do something on your own! We will have lots of opportunities to talk and write about our summer experiences. We can’t wait to hear about yours!
Here is a list of supplies that you can bring in on the first day of school…
- One 2-pocket folders for notes and papers
- 2 large white glue sticks
- 1 package of 4 low odor dry erase markers
- 2 pack of Post it brand notes (3x3; not the accordion, please)
- 1 box of 24 count crayons
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Ms. Dunbar and Mrs. Chin
- Dry Erase Expo Markers
- 12 pack of pencils sharpened
- (5) 3" X 3" pads post it notes in different colors
- 1" three ring binder
- Markers, colored pencils OR crayons
- 2 large glue sticks
- 1 hard cover marble composition book
- 1 old CLEAN tube sock to erase individual white boards
- Large and small Ziploc bags
- 2 hard covered composition notebook
- 2- two pocket folders
- A pencil bag (try not to get a box, it doesn’t fit well in your desk)
- A pack of #2 pencils with erasers, set of 12
- Ball point pens for corrections
- 1 highlighter
- A small box of thin markers (set of 12)
- A small box of colored pencils (set of 12)
- 1 box of 4 dry erase markers for use on individual whiteboards in class
- 5 packs of 3x3 inch Post-It notes ( be sure to have more at home as you will need them throughout the year)